Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday - December 11, 2007

So far today so good. Yummy! I took some of my leftovers and made me up some "toppings" for breakfast.

I was starving when I woke up this morning and since I knew I was in for some taco soup, Lord willing, tonight I knew I had to eat light so I can enjoy the soup later. So this is what I did.

I took some white onion and some carrot and diced them up very tiny. To this I added some minced garlic and freshly ground salt and pepper. I put this in a skillet with a teaspoon of olive oil and sautéed it until it was tender. Then I took the leftover steak I had last night with the little bit of mushrooms it had and sliced it up very thin and diced it and added it to the veggie mixture. I cooked this down until everything was just tender and succulent. I added it up and this entire mixture whole would be around 300 calories, so I divided it into about 10 pieces of 30 calories to make my "toppings." I got an egg (70 cal.) and fried it with salt and pepper in the leftover oil from my "toppings." Then I took a small tortilla (80 cal.) and browned it in the skillet. I plated the tortilla with egg on top and covered it with some "toppings" and a small teaspoon of salsa. Total this part of the day was only 215 calories. That leaves me able to eat my taco soup like I cannot wait to do!

I'll update this post later with my total daily calorie intake.

***UPDATE***

I had taco soup (375 cal.) and a tortilla (80 cal.).

This makes my total for the day 645 calories.

No comments: