Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas 2008 Food Plan

Dr. Soudah asked me to make a plan for Thanksgiving and then to record how well I stuck to my plan. I didn't actually write down my plan on paper like he had asked due to the busyness of the week. However, I did the work in my brain. :) At that same time he asked me to use Thanksgiving as a foundation to build a plan for Christmas. So, without further ado. Here we go!
 
This year will be like many years in the past. However, like in the past two years, I will be having two dinners. This is because I am married and now have two families to share Christmas with each year.
 
The foods I am expecting will be almost identical at each family's house with few exceptions.
 
Here's what I'm expecting to see at the table.
  • Turkey
  • Ham
  • Cornbread dressing
  • Green beans
  • Corn
  • Chicken-n-dumplings
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Twice-baked potatoes
  • Baked potato (just for me by request)
  • Mac-n-cheese
  • Sweet potato casserole
  • Bread
  • Veggie tray
  • Cheesy potato casserole
  • Pecan pie
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Wassail
  • Homemade peanut candy
  • Divinity
Those are more than likely going to be the selections that I will have to choose from at dinner. There might not be both meats, but I am sure it will be one of the two.
 
What is my plan?
This is simple. I am going to follow my Thanksgiving plan...
  • Make heatlhy choices.
  • Take at least one, small, bite of something I really, really, really, really, really, really want, and savor every bit of flavor I can get from it.
  • Not let the food control me.
  • Enjoy my time with the family and have tons of fun.
That's my plan for this year. I know there might be additional foods that show up on the menu, but I have made a choice to not let it control me anymore. I am going to stick with it!

No comments: