Sunday, November 18, 2007

Saturday - November 17, 2007

Today I went over just a little bit.

For breakfast I had one of my most delicious snacks yet-a scrambled egg on a piece of toast (100 cal.). I use the healthy bread so my calories are brought down tremendously. It was just a plain egg with a little pepper and salt on a piece of toast. Ask Sarah about the bread. It is pretty good. They have sourdough, white, and wheat among other flavors.

For dinner I made a small pot of our family's favorite-Chili!

This was pretty awesome. I made it with lean ground beef because the grocery store didn't have any ground turkey. But, I figured it out that for every half cup of chili it was right at 200 calories. So, I ate a cup and a half (600 cal.). Had I used ground turkey it would have brought the calories per serving size down to approximately 160 calories. So the lesson learned is go to a different store and buy the turkey. It'll save you 40 calories and enable you to eat a little bit more if your tummy needs it.

That put me at 700 calories for the day, but it doesn't hurt to go a little bit over every once in a while.

No comments: