Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Friday - November 23, 2007

Today was Thanksgiving 2.0. :)

It was a lot harder today because I was kind of down that I couldn't eat any of my favorite foods like pumpkin and pecan pie yesterday. So, I made a few concessions but did not go too bad out of control. I did go over my limit today, but feel like I did it in a responsible way.

My first meal for the day was similar to yesterday's but I added a few things too it. I had turkey (75 cal.), green beans (60 cal.), another bite of cornbread stuffing, a.k.a. dressing (25 cal.), part of a baked potato with a tiny bit of butter (95 cal.), more raw veggies (50 cal.), some delicious fried apples made with granny smiths, apple butter, and a tad of sugar (30 cal.), a small bite of cheesy hashbrown casserole (35 cal.), a small bite of sweet potato casserole (45 cal.), the smallest bite anyone can have of buttermilk pie (40 cal.), and a small bite of Apple and Snicker salad (35 cal.).

This Thanksgiving meal was the grand total of 490 calories.

Later that evening we were driving back to St. Louis because family had to catch an airplane early Saturday morning. And, on the way back home to St. Louis we had to make one last pit-stop because my sister was dying for some Lambert's - Home of the throwed rolls!


Check out Lamberts @ http://www.throwedrolls.com/

For those of you that have never been to Lambert's, I highly recommend it. However, make sure you've not eaten before you go because you will deplete your entire calorie quota for the day. Haha! :)

Well, while at Lambert's I was very proud of myself. I ordered the charbroiled chicken with a side of turnip greens and a baked potato. I only ate half my baked potato (75 cal.), half of my turnip greens (10 cal.), only about half of one of the two huge chicken breasts they brought me (95 cal.), I had 3 pieces of fried okra (75 cal.), and a tiny nibble of a roll (25 cal.). This meal cost me 280 calories total.

So, overall for the day I ate the not so bad total of 770 calories. I'm pretty proud of myself considering what I had to work with today.

No comments: